Saturday, January 5, 2013

James Thomas Farrar - Information

I have all of the previous media files for him listed here.

This page is going to be used to determine who his father was.  I have seen lots of trees that tell me that his father is Thomas Clay Farrar, and while Thomas Clay Farrar does have a son named James, born about the same time as "our" James.  I want to make sure it's the same person.  Here is the 1880 Census that lists Thomas Clay Farrar living in  Egypt, Ashley County, Arkansas.  His oldest son listed is James.  I have done a search for anyone else the same age as James, living in the same area of Arkansas, and I haven't found any other families.  Therefore, I tend to agree with the people who say that James Thomas' father is Thomas Clay Farrar.  I will look for a will/death record for Thomas Clay that may list any of his children or grandchildren, which will give me a better idea. Also, if you are searching for this record on either familysearch.org or ancestry.com you will find that his name has been indexed as "Junior", so don't search for James.


Action Items:
1. Check death records for Thomas Clay Farrar.



No comments:

Post a Comment