Wednesday, January 2, 2013

James Thomas Benjamin Farrar - Family and Media Files

I do remember my mother saying "Ben Farrar" before, but not much more than that.  There are a few discrepancies that I have just discovered in the two census records I have on him after he left home.  I am doing this whole process because when I started doing genealogy, over 9 years ago, I wasn't very good about citing sources!  This is bad, especially since I now have over 13,000 people in my whole family tree database.  So I'm now trying to go back through each family and check all the sources and fix my previous errors.  So here is the problem.  You will notice if you scroll down and look, that in 1930, he was living with just a wife, and the census record looks like it says Jana M. for her name.  This fits with the information that I have saying that her name was Jennie Mae.  BUT in the 1940 census, it has his wife listed as Sarah.  I'm not sure what the enumerator would've heard them say that he thought was Sarah, but I'm still sure this is the same Ben Farrar that my mother has talked about because the children listed are the same children that my mother used to play with as a child.
Maybe he got remarried and I know nothing of that.  I also can't find the marriage record of Ben and Jennie Mae, so I'm not sure how accurate that information is, except from my mother.  Here's what I have from Family Tree Maker about him:

James Thomas Benjamin Farrar was born on 27 Sep 1903 in Arkansas, USA as the sixth child of James Thomas Farrar and Ethel Melinda Tubbs. He had five siblings, namely: Susan Flovelia, Mary Lelia, Nancy Cornelia, Amelia Carolyn, and Obelia Maggie. He died on 18 Dec 1961 in Ashley, Arkansas, USA. When he was 25, He married Jennie Mae Douglass on 23 Nov 1928.

James Thomas Benjamin Farrar was buried in Hamburg, Ashley, Arkansas, USA (Antioch Cemetery, Ashley, Arkansas, USA). He lived in Egypt, Ashley, Arkansas, USA in 1910. He lived in Elon, Ashley, Arkansas, USA in 1920. The 1910 and 1920 Census records can be seen here.  He lived in Bastrop, Morehouse, Louisiana, USA in 1930. He lived in Morehouse, Louisiana, United States on 01 Apr 1940. 1930 and 1940 Census are below. 

James Thomas Benjamin Farrar and Jennie Mae Douglass had the following children:

1. Living Male Farrar was born in Louisiana, USA.
2. Living Female Farrar was born in Louisiana, USA.

1930 US Federal Census: Bastrop, Morehouse, Louisiana, USA.

1940 US Federal Census: Bastrop, Morehouse, Louisiana, USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment